Finnish is a hard language to learn fluently. Here are some files and links that help you to learn the basics. If you are really excited about the language and want to learn more that's possible too.
|File Size:||5325 kb|
1. This first file is a book about everyday Finnish. The Finnish you will be taught in University will be more formal than the Finnish in this book. That said, it is a good idea to learn normal spoken language in order to make friends and survive in everyday situations.
2. Areena Is the web player of the Finnish national broadcasting company (YLE). From there one can watch several Finnish programs including Finnish news in English. If you want to learn about what is going on in Finland at the moment I suggest you check out this link.
3. Here is a 19GB torrent link of great material to learn Finnish. The file includes books, movies, music, video lessons etc. This is more than enough material to study for years and years. I suggest only picking up some of the beginner books from the file but if you are up for it, you are free to study as much as you like. Be warned though, some of the files are in Russian and German making them unusable as study material.
4. Here is a youtube channel teaching basic Finnish in short 3 minute clips.
5. Useful basic Finnish vocabulary.
6. How to write umlauts on PC (ä,ö,å)